Friday, January 10, 2014

I Want Your Text

In my 20's, there used to be the three day rule. The guy had three days to call you.

Now finding myself single again in my 30's, that apparently is thrown out the window. I read some book that said with technology and texting, three days is not acceptable!

I used to hate the three day rule (sitting by the phone, wondering if he called while the phone line was busy or maybe your cell was turned off-remember those days, you could only use cell phones during emergencies!). 

Now I miss it. 

I hate texting..don't get me wrong. I love to set up plans or appts or ask a quick question but I don't want to get into a conversation that goes on throughout the day on it. Guys went from not wanting to call you to texting you all day!  For some reason, that's just TOO much for me! And I don't want to feel like I have to answer right away. I have to work! Then if you stop seeing them, you miss getting the all day messages. Why can't we spread it out?  

There was a little more mystery to it too..now I guess if you don't get some kind of Facebook note or a text within a day, you feel bad. And of course you can see if they've been on Facebook or whatever and that's not fun either! It was better not knowing and thinking oh they're out mowing the lawn, out of town, etc. Now you're like -what the heck you had lunch down the street from me!

PETE called me within two days. He actually told me he called the first day but my cell phone was off (I was taking a nap) so that was back in the day if it was off, you didn't see the call. We mostly saw each other and he was a very good emailer. That worked sooo well for me! No urgency and nice things to read. 

I have a sick feeling though had we met ten years later he would've texted me--ALL DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment