Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Mother-The How I met Your

Most couples have a song. The Petester and I had songs FOR each other but we def had a SHOW.

Monday night is the series finale of "How I Met Your Mother" or as Pete and I called it "The Mother-The How I Met Your".

This wasn't our first show together. We met after the series "Friends" ended (which we both loved) and there was a new spinoff show that fall called "Joey" with Matt LeBlanc's character trying to make it as an actor in LA. We would get together every Thursday night and get Jersey Mike's and watch "Joey". We actually had a friend stage a party one Thursday to impress a girl and she liked the show also so he had it as a "Joey" viewing party (Pete was like that's our "Joey" night" but if you show it we will come).

"Joey" lasted about two years and was cancelled. So then our show together became a little show on Monday nights on CBS called "The Class" (one of the girls from Joey moved to this show). This starred Jason Ritter (John Ritter's son) who staged a 3rd grade reunion party so he could propose to his girlfriend (he had originally met her in third grade). The proposal does not go well but he and his classmates become re-intertwined in each other's lives..and it was really cute. Jesse Tyler Ferguson was also on the show. By Season 2, we were married btw. We both loved tv and wanted one show we could watch together.

That show lasted a year but there was a show around that called "How I met your Mother" so we started watching that late in Season too  (I think this was late in Season 1) and that became the show we could watch together, about a group of friends in their 20's/30's, one in particular that was trying to meet the future mother of his kids.

I can't say I have watched it as much in recent years-sadly, it has not kept my interest, maybe went on a little tooo long (even this final year I found myself choosing the Real Housewives over it) but I will def be tuning in Monday and remembering my precious husband/best friend that I enjoyed watching this with so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment