Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fun With Scout!

Scout and I have gotten to do two fun activities together over the last month.

First up was Pawz too Run on the Davidson Town Green! This was a charity event to help our furry friends. Our friend Diane's teenage daughter created this event. It was a two mile walk (and also you could do a 5K). Scout and I did the walk with our friend Amy and her dog Sasha! It was Sasha's first social event and she did great! Scout almost won the costume contest and there were a lot of neat vendors (freebies! We also got the coolest race bags!) and they had food trucks. I love a good food truck. Our favorite is Southern Cake Queen..she has yummy southern flavored cupcakes. I got the banana pudding one!! I also bought a dog cookie for Scout. You can track the food trucks you like online-Facebook, Twitter, etc to find out where they will be!

The second event was called Bark in the Park at Rural Hill. I had been to this one once before.We went with Amy and Sasha and then our friend Holly and her husband brought their dog and a few other friends (Lisa, Jennie, Cat and her boyfriend) stopped by briefly without their dogs. This was a free event. These events at Rural Hill are very crowded. We went early which I would encourage for any event there, it also got very hot. This event had vendors as well, and you could enter contests. They had demos (my favorite was where dogs could jump in the pool!) and my favorite part was Open Play. Scout had a chance to go in a little fenced in area without her leash to play with dogs her size. She loved that. I think that was her favorite part. She loves making friends! There were all kinds of dogs and I also bought Scout a doggie pizza which looks like a circle of bread with "sauce" and "cheese" on it (she really likes these).  The only food avail was a Harris Teeter truck making (very affordable) hamburgers and hot dogs.

Scout says she likes going to fun events and making friends and she hopes to see more of her friends this summer!

Here are a few pics from Pawz too Run.




No comments:

Post a Comment