Sunday, May 18, 2014

Start to Summer

Susan, I have been horrible about updating too! I need to do better.

It's starting to feel like summer here! Yesterday, my friend Amy and I went to the Yadkin Valley Wine Festival in Elkin. This is about 30 min from me! They had a ton of great wineries (our favorites are Slightly Askew, Weathervane, we tried a new one at Carolina Heritage called Glogg (holidayish!)). As usual I bought an overpriced snack (wasabi party mix from the country store!) and Amy bought something from the vendors (Pottery). Last year, we had went to the NC Wine Festival which is on Memorial Day weekend and some friends suggested this one to try instead this year-less crowded (this one is lots less crowded, more food, prob the same amt of wineries, but again less crowded, music, etc). So it felt like the kickoff to summer again. I bought a bottle of my favorite summer wine, Tropical Wave from Weathervane. I am going to have to figure out how to buy some locally. LOL. We also got to try out Dewey's Ice Cream there (I got key lime pie flavor). Tickets are $25. We had a fun time!!

I found a new author. Susan Mallery. She writes a (so far) three book series called Blackberry Island. I am currently reading "Three Sisters" about the women that live in these three really awesome houses side by side on the island. They all have diferent things going on in their lives. This feels like a good beach read so again, I am feeling like summer! LOL. 

Some blogs I still need to do are on the cidery trip and Dennis Vineyards (from March!). 

1 comment:

  1. Those sound like my kind of books, Melissa! I am going to look for those too. :)

    ReplyDelete